Major Mob Billboard Concept
- Categories: conceptual, print, writing
- Subcategories: billboard/environmental, ad/ad campaign
- Date completed: May 2012
- Client: Seminar class, a culminating course wherein teams work to create and design identity and communications for a (fake) non-profit company that they dream up.
- Skills applied: creative concepts, writing
- Software used: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop
- Teammates: Hannah-Love Shibley and Alicia Baraniewicz
- My role: concept, writing
Major Mob, a student project, is a non-profit after-school program designed to help public high school students explore, examine, and identify their career interests in order to help them choose their college major prior to entering college.
This billboard series is designed to build curiosity as commuters drive past each billboard consecutively within a few miles. Directed towards motorists driving along major highways near cities where Major Mob is located, its purpose is to motivate working professionals to volunteer as mentors while creating awareness of Major Mob’s existence to parents and students. The concept could easily be translated into other environmental signage (such as subway/bus station posters, magazine ads, animated web banners, etc.) to build a campaign around volunteering for Major Mob.